This is a list of eBay gem sellers that I’ve personally bought from and verified the authenticity of the gemstone.
Please note: It IS possible for a trusted seller to accidentally sell you a fake gem. This is often an honest mistake on the part of the seller and I’ve had it happen. Make sure to contact the seller if you find you’ve purchased a fraud, any reputable seller will either send a replacement or refund.
Always check the rating of an unkown seller. Anything below 97% should not be trusted. However, sometimes seller ratings temporarily fluctuate below that. Always check the negative reviews and look for people claiming the gems to be fake.
- gemcreater – Mix of more common gems like Quartz verities, Emeralds, Sapphires, and others.
- jmdgemsntreasures – Mix of less common gems like Spinel, Morganite, Tanzenite, Kunzite and others.
- superiorgems – Opals and a very diverse mix of all gem types.
- ziongemstones14 – Emeralds and a sprinkling of other gems.
- smzontario – Sapphires/Rubies, Tourmaline, and Garnet.
- royalgems014 – Mix of larger “lower-quality” (opaque and with inclusions) gems.
- parasgems – Mix of common and uncommon gems.
- jatinjewels – Mix of common and uncommon gems.
- dazzlingjewels2015 – Diamonds
- jaipur_jewelers – Mix of common and uncommon gems.
- royalediamond – Currently inactive.
- jackmont – Diamonds, Sapphires, and Beryl.
Gem identification is a very lengthy topic, and is different for each gemstone, so I will not include that information here, but in later posts.